The end of season party is this Friday. We’ll gather to reminisce, and no doubt, talk junk. Speaking of “talking junk,” here’s the list…
Top Ten Comments Most Likely to be Heard at the Rambler Randonee.
(From the home office in Horneytown).
10. No more complaining, John.
9. Come on, Big Guy!
8. Are you guys still riding those plastic bikes?
7. We’ll take it easy…zone 1…no really.
6. Jeff, are you going to let him take that sprint?
5. Why are you marking me? The one who’s attacking is passing you on the OTHER side.
4. You keep looking in that mirror, and I am going jump and take the sprint!
3. No really, a USCF license is ONLY $60.
2. We’re not going to Hanging Rock; we’re just headed north for a bit….
And the number one most likely comment to be heard at the Rambler Randonee?
1. So what ride’s up first next year?
hi dude,<>sorry, this ain’t about the rambler. i wanted to write and say hi and thanks for being so thoughtful about my post and subsequent shitstorm. i had no idea that it could incite such a magnitude of both love and ire. i don’t think it was me: it was our collective love of cycling and the internet as a platform.<>i appreciate your scholarly approach to life (at least what you’ve revealed to me). it’s this contemplative attitude that will help us on occasion to make sense of it all. and perhaps answer the question of why some people get so damn worked up (myself included)?<>be well,<>mandy