Here’s the bikejournal rundown for 2006. My mileage stats (5301.6 outdoor miles) had me ranked at 519 of 6543 riders. By state, I ranked 8th. Other Rambler notables are:
- the Good Doctor finished in 2nd with 7745.5 miles,
- Der Jan finished 11th with 4750 miles, and
- Taillights finished 16th with 3369 miles.
- We still have yet to work in Chum, but we’ll keep you posted.
Regarding a start to 2007, I had high hopes of riding in the Polar Bear Ride for Courage in Winston. I arose at 7, but by 8:30am it was still pouring rain — tropical storm-type rain. I reset to ride GVC’s Polar Bear Ride at 11 am, but alas. Finally, the sky began to lighten, and I headed out and by 3:30 had returned having logged 68 miles. Here are the stats:
- Woefully slow average speed. I won’t even write it down,
- Stopped twice to pour water out of my shoes and wring the watter out my socks,
- Left my glasses in the Friendship Baptist Church parking lot and had to circle back to get them,
- Rode part of the Tour de Furniture route and the Farmer’s Market Ride route, and
- Experienced each kind of whether: rainy, cloudy, windy, and finished with sunny.
Not a monumental start but not a bad one either.